Monday 2 July 2012

Only one road


The dawn breaks a little early, and so do I
whatever little I possess is strewn around
like headstones in a graveyard no-one comes by
sinking softly and slowly down into the ground



I have bought fresh offerings, the shredded
petals and sandal, clarified the fat
into a clear honey, readied for the dreaded
long night journey down into combat



The journeys break a little early, and so do I
not in one spectacular twist of bone and sinew
red fountains of marrow spurting up high
but bit by bit without a complete breakthrough



The dawn breaks a little early with a mist under the dome
there may be a thousand roads but only one leads me home

4 comments:

  1. thousand roads but only one leads me home...
    Beautiful lines loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last two lines are superb! Beautiful poem..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abhinav! n welcome to my blog :)

      Delete