Monday 27 August 2012

Not eternal, but still sure


Whether you are here, or somewhere remote
love doesn’t spare distances a single thought
when you are here, and when you are far
I am who I am, you are who you are

 

I’ve known that somehow, without knowing anything
though days are frittered misunderstanding
the connections between us, but it’s always true
that I am still me and you are still you 

 

Love isn’t frail and it doesn’t waver
whether we’re apart or we’re together
I claim nothing about eternal, but of this I’m sure
I know who I am, and I know who you are.

 

It’s just that these eyes as they get old
well up a little quicker as you cross the threshold.

2 comments:

  1. smiles...i cried when my wife crossed the threshold when we got married....and love is a beautiful thing which def can well the eyes up a bit...

    ReplyDelete