Monday, 10 August 2026

Simple Bare Necessities

 



‘All lost things are equal’ was on the feed

and you thought, no, not so simple. Can’t equate

the clutter falling away with stuff we need.

The things lost that somehow first accumulate

due to some character flaw – the grasp of greed.

 

Let the inessential fall away soonest,

let all that weighs down be completely lost,

just the meaningful remain, the spare, the best –

the thin thread of your track, streams crossed and uncrossed,

your stars overhead, the movement and the rest.








4 comments:

  1. I would love to lose all that weighs me down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Sage advice in this ode! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes us lose all the unnecessary accumulated stuff first and hold on to the good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful poem. I will say that ever since I've taken yoga at our YMCA ( 3 years now), I can breathe deeper, get calmer, and drop some weights of the world (at least until I read the latest news feed).

    and retirement helped A LOT!!! Take care, my friend. And stay cool, if possible. Texas is insane now.

    ReplyDelete