Saturday 6 May 2023

The Universe is Always in Control...

 





Poetry is a comfort to the soul.

You read. You breathe. You fall asleep and wake.

The ocean shimmers. The tides rise and fall.


There's nothing which the poets don't console

no perplexity, no stress nor heartache.

Poetry is a comfort to the soul.


The universe is always in control

it finds a way to renew all that breaks.

The ocean shimmers. The tides rise and fall.


You read what you have to. You can't scroll

past your given texts, whatever it may take.

Poetry is a comfort to the soul.


In time this craft and you'll be remade whole,

this isn't for you to make or unmake.

The ocean shimmers. The tides rise and fall.


A time to read, a time to write it all,

a time to transplant or drive home the stake.

Poetry is a comfort to the soul.

The ocean shimmers. The tides rise and fall.




This one happened when I was in the middle of something as different from poetry as chalk from cheese, but I didn't want to open yet another tab (I'm not exactly a great multi-tabber or multi-tasker, can manage a task only if it's strictly single.) I thought I'll just scribble it down here so as to know where I put it. Cut paste later in the regular file. 


When I came back here to do that, it occurred to me that this is the first one I've written since March, so I thought I'll leave it here and didn't do the cut after all. A poem after a long time, a villanelle after years. That's a favourite form, btw,  I don't know why I don't use it more often. It's a relatively easy form to write to because of the line repetitions - you get the first stanza down and that's nearly 50% of your villanelle done. It's easy on the ear too, great rhyme scheme. If you like rhymed poetry you can't go wrong with one, writing or listening. 


Oh yeah, while I was busy with the A-Z and sundry other things, this piece of creative non-fiction over at The Daily Life Magazine got published...please click on the link and read. You know that in our digital/social media world the clicks, likes and shares are what count, everything else is quite irrelevant. :) Thank you, I do appreciate your support so very much. 


I'm still trying to cope with the stuff that April threw at me, but hoping to be back here as normal, max in a week. Meanwhile, you have a good one, I hope the ocean shimmers for you all through. 




8 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    This is adorable!!! And what are our blogs for, if not as holding places for our thoughts and remembrances? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A holding place is what it exactly is. Glad you liked the villanelle. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Glad you wrote it and left it! Has a nice rhythm to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that rhythmic beat to it. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Love Love Love Thank you! ' Nuff said. (You are SO damn good with words, my friend)

    ReplyDelete