Saturday 12 April 2014

easier than the haiKu




is for Kelly Lune



The Kelly Lune was created by American poet - Robert Kelly, an English language adaptation of the Japanese haiku.  It is therefore also known as American haiku.  A simple form with the structure 5-3-5 syllabic counts, it does not have the constraints of the traditional haiku, no “cuts” no season words, rhymes or not as the poet pleases.  Incorporating any other poetic device is fine too.




Here is my Kelly Lune -



Her eyes burdened with
thick lashes
and whip-thin, sharp grief.


She smiles in her sleep
her eyelids
tremble in some dream.




An easy form to write to.  You can read more about Kelly Lune (and its variations) here.










Posted for the A-Z Challenge.







7 comments:

  1. Well this is much easier than the haiku, but I must admit I do feel partial towards the haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! I'm going to have to try it sometime. :)

    And the last couple of verses of your Kelly Lune is especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, thanks for sharing that. Stopping by from #AtoZChallnge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admirable for sure - Kelly Lune! And as you can see the posts go up but I fall behind!

    ReplyDelete