Saturday 20 April 2024

Quagmire

 




Yeah, that's what Q is for...a horrible Quagmire...but...my visit to NC last year end has helped to extricate me in the niftiest manner. 


quilt of historical importance. This was an exhibit 
in a gallery on the history of protests. So powerful!





The label. North Carolina Museum of History, Raleigh, US.





At the NC Museum of History, Raleigh. Imagine!
- the quiet elation.








More quilts. I could have based the entire challenge on this gallery.







Close up of the label. Wondering if every state history museum has an
A-Z of (state name) section?






The entire section was peppered with Questions like this. 




And did you know that Charlotte, NC is named after Queen Sophia Charlotte, the queen of King George III, on the throne when the Revolutionary War was fought and US independence was gained from the British? Yeah, me neither. 

So that's the quagmire...turned into a piece of cake. By a gallery in a museum - you never know what treasures a visit might yield. Hope you've enjoyed the photos. Happy A-Zing! - if you're participating. And happy cusp season to you, if you're not! 





Posted for the A-Z Challenge 2024


3 comments:

  1. An A to Z in that gallery! I wonder if other states have that. I could probably do one for the Montgomery Alabama community I'm working with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I would have loved to visit that gallery with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Quite the quintessential experience to draw you from the quagmire! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete