Monday 29 April 2024

Yorker

 



Y day and so close yet so far, yikes! It's turned out to be a total yorker, if you know what I mean. Didn't expect Y to be so difficult, but there it is... 




The old, original York, UK. Incidentally, a yorker is not a resident of
York but a cricket delivery, one of the toughest balls to bat.







Newer, new York, USA.







Darb al Asfar - translates to Yellow Alley, Egypt.






That's a dessert called Bali Breakfast, made of mango and whipped coconut
milk, not an egg. The 'yolk' was runny just like the real thing though.
Cuca, Jimbaran, Bali. 








Private yachts at Denarau, Fiji. 





Fall leaves in a lucky shade of yellow! Texas.



That's about all I could scrape together for today. Funny how what you think will be easy turns out quite different, while the expected difficult ones don't create as much of a problem. C'est la vie.  

Thank you to all those who've read and supported me through this erratic version of A-Z. Hopefully, I can be back for the finale. 




Posted for the A-Z Challenge 2024


6 comments:

  1. Love the egg that isn't an egg. And suspect I would eat it very happily too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Ditto the brekky... You did Yust fine with Yolking together the Yarn of Y! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Ys! I like the mango egg too. Congratulations and completing the challenge again this year. I hope your eyes are improving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did Y just fine. Sorry, no runny eggs for me. But a New York bagel will do the trick. I've been in PA so have not commented enough on your posts, but I've read them. Excellent A-Z efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard you have a pretty good yorker...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nila - Yorker - a cricketing term!!! I love runny eggs ... and York for our city - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete