Friday 1 April 2022

April...w/o the A-Z

 



A is for...As and when Able


It’s been a habit and therapy and sanity and camaraderie – I’ve been participating in the A-Z Challenge since 2014 and absolutely love the rigorous discipline of it. I have written poetry and prose, I’ve gone on amazing exploratory trips, I’ve fallen through rabbit holes, I‘ve limericked and panic-laughed and reflected and researched and paid tribute to places and people. I’ve signed up and I’ve stayed away from the master list, I’ve visited hundreds of blogs and also done return visits only. I’ve pantzed it and planned it through life changes -  bereavement, country/continent relocations and sundry other, less monumental issues. In short, an April without the A-Z doesn’t feel like my April at all.

 

And yet. This April I’m not taking the challenge, at least not every day. Life is a mixed bag of chaos at present.  Last year August, I came home to India and took off the dustcovers for the final time. I had initially thought of cannibalising them into dishcloths or something and then that got forgotten in the rush of refurbishing the home base to our current requirements. Turns out it was a nifty move not to, thank goodness! Only eight months after the relocation to end all relocations, after making what I thought was the final journey home, we’re moving again. We fly out in a few days. Life at present is all about dustcovers, sorting through and packing up at the moment.

 

So.  I will be participating as and when I am able. I’m staying off the master list this year as well, because I have no idea when and where I’ll get a connection or the time to write/blog or return visits.

 

We’re relocating this time farther than the Middle East, farther than I’ve ever been. A different continent, a different hemisphere. Excited and a tad apprehensive, but mostly grateful. Life is never easy but it’s also amazing in ways one cannot anticipate in a million years.

 

Happy April to you and happy A-Zing if you’re participating!




A-Z Challenge 2022


17 comments:

  1. Hi Nila - how exciting ... but yes dust-covers needed ... good luck - and lovely to see you here and around ... take care and ALL the best with the move and change once again ... lots of opportunities on their way ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. Dustcovers are a must have for expats! :)

      Delete
  2. I can sooo understand the excitement AND the apprehension. I do hope that the excitement wins and look forward to learning more. All the very best with your move and yet more change...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh Nila - could it possibly by Australia, my heart country??? I know you will share it with us in due course, but meanwhile, wishes all the way from here to you for the onward transfer!

    Last year I swapped from the USA version to the Indian A2Z and found it much less demanding with all those lists and 'guidelines'; and I am doing it again this year. If you have time to pop by, that would be great. Absolutely no pressure though! YAM xx
    A=Arrival

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes. Definitely getting closer to Australia than before :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the move - sounds like a big one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's much the same really except the distance and the direction...

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you can't fully participate, but happy you will when you can. Sound like quite a move: Australia? Africa? (Antarctica?) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antarctica would be awesome! Thanks for the wishes.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your move to the mystery destination. I've never even moved to another country, never mind a different hemisphere. That sounds like a challenge way beyond A to Z! And maybe material for a future one? I'll look for your posts whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, I have spent less time living in my own country than I've spent abroad. Thought that was about to change, but clearly the universe has very different plans :) Thanks, Alana!

      Delete
  7. I hope all goes well. Some years it's just not meant to be. All the best on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with A to Z and moving again. But A to Z can be your ANCHOR with us and us to you. You can't unmoor from us, that would be too sad. Can't wait to hear what new adventure awaits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No question of unmooring from the blogosphere or blogger friends, the very thought gives me the heebie-jeebies! Or the A-Z. I'll be doing a pared down version as and when I can this month and get back to it properly next year.

      Delete
  9. Wishing you an infinitely easy and grace-filled move and much, much joy when you arrive in your new home.

    ReplyDelete